Life is hectic enough, getting your medicine shouldn’t be
Simple Two Form Registration Process
Strains To Choose From
Types Of Cannabis Oil
Step 1: Application For Medical Marijuana
Once you've downloaded and printed our Registration Package. Fill out your
Application For Medical Marijuana form.
Step 2: Medical Document
Take the Medical Document form to your Health Care Practitioner to complete.
Step 3: Submit
There are two ways to submit your registration documents. The quickest method is via fax, please ensure that documents are faxed directly from your Health Care Practitioners Office.
- Method 1
Have your Health Care Practitioner’s Office fax both forms directly to us (the same way they would fax a prescription to a pharmacy). Please Note: We cannot accept faxed Medical Documents from any other number other than your Health Care Practitioners Office.
FAX +1 (604) 962-3443
- Method 2
Send us the original documents by mail.
please do not send photocopied documents.
113 - 1330 Alpha Lake Rd.
Whistler, British Columbia
Step 4: Verification
We will email you once your documents have been received and are being processed. Once your registration has been approved, you will receive a phone call from our team. You will also receive an email containing your ‘Notification of Registration’ document and your login instructions for our online store.
- HOW LONG DOES REGISTRATION TAKE?
- AM I ELIGIBLE?
- DO I GET A CARD WHEN I REGISTER?
- HOW DO I COMPLETE MY APPLICATION FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA FORM?
- CAN MY HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER USE THEIR OWN MEDICAL DOCUMENT?
- WHO CAN COMPLETE MY MEDICAL DOCUMENT?
- HOW DO I APPROACH CANNABIS USE WITH MY DOCTOR/HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER?
1 - HOW LONG DOES REGISTRATION TAKE?
Please contact our team on +1 604 962 3440 to find out our current processing time for registration.Back to Top
2 - AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for registration you must be a resident of Canada and have the support of a Health Care Practitioner - this can be your Family Doctor, a Specialist, a Nurse Pratitioner or through a Cannabis Clinic. Your Medical Document must be in date and written by a Doctor registered with the Canadian College of Physicians and Surgeons in the Province they are practicing in. Documents provided by Doctors of Chinese Medicine, or Naturopaths are not acceptable for registration.Back to Top
3 - DO I GET A CARD WHEN I REGISTER?
When you are approved and registered as a Patient with Whistler Medical Marijuana Corp, Health Canada Regulations require us to provide you with a Notification of Registration Letter. This will be sent to you when your registration is complete. Please keep a copy safe as it contains important information about your registration. It is also proof that you are registered with a Licensed Producer.
We do not issue cards to patients as they are not a requirement of the ACMPR. Cards cannot be used as legal proof you are registered with a Licensed Producer.Back to Top
4 - HOW DO I COMPLETE MY APPLICATION FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA FORM?
- Section 1 - Applicant Information Fill in this section with your basic information including name, birth date, address and contact details. Once you have completed Section 1, if you don't have a caregiver or live in a care home and you aren't planning on having your medication shipped to your Health Care Practitioner's office, you are done! Please sign and date the form and submit with your completed Medical Document to us via fax or mail.
- Section 2 - Caregiver InformationIf you would like to designate someone to communicate with WMMC on your behalf, please have this person fill their information in here. If you have more than one caregiver please contact us
- Section 3 - Residents Of Institutions If you live in a carehome, shelter, hostel or similar institution that provides social services, you will need to provide contact information and have the Residence Manager sign this section.
- Section 4 - Ship To Your Healthcare Practitioner If you'd like to have your medication shipped to your Healthcare Practitioner's office please have them sign this section to consent to receiving the product on your behalf.
5 - CAN MY HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER USE THEIR OWN MEDICAL DOCUMENT?
Yes. If your Health Care Practitioner has their own ACMPR Medical Document this can be used for Registration. This will need to be submitted with a completed Whistler Medical Marijuana Corporation Application Form.Back to Top
6 - WHO CAN COMPLETE MY MEDICAL DOCUMENT?
Your Medical Document can be completed by a physician or nurse practitioner who is licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons in your Province. It is a Health Care Practitioners personal decision to prescribe medical cannabis based upon whether they feel that it is the right course of treatment for you. If your Health Care Practitioner is not familiar with how to prescribe medical cannabis, you may find it useful to take examples of research that demonstrates how cannabis can be used to treat your condition, as well as examples of how you intend to use the medication and the types of strains that may work best for you, when you have your appointment. We would be happy to provide advice on where you can start your research, please give us a call at +1 604 962 3440.Back to Top
7 - HOW DO I APPROACH CANNABIS USE WITH MY DOCTOR/HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER?
When approaching your Health Care Practitioner about the use of cannabis, it is worth remembering that Canadian Physicians practice evidence based medicine. This means they may be interested in seeing studies and learn more about how medical cannabis can be used to treat your specific condition before completing your prescription, particularly if they are new to prescribing cannabis to their patients. They may also wish to know how much cannabis to prescribe. On average we see a daily allowance of between 1-5 grams per day.
Some of the things that your Doctor may want to know are how you plan to use cannabis, how much you wish to use, and what type will be most beneficial to you. Take the time to research these areas before your appointment. If you would like more advice, or some suggestions on websites that can assist you, please contact us at +1 604 962 3440Back to Top